It has been a month since I last posted anything and significant things have happened-
1. I had my job interview
2. I graduated officially-ceremony and everything
3. My mom fractured her shoulder in a freak accident at home
4. I leave home in 8 days because I have my job posting
So the third thing is the biggest one of all really. It’s been approximately 5 weeks since it happened and it’s been an adjustment for all.
I thought I’d go through the things I’ve learned in during this time in a video but I don’t have the time to sit down and make anything because of the fourth thing. Everything is a rush and a haze because I am juggling work (I am doing my mom’s job because she can’t use her dominant arm) and everything else to get ready.
It’s been a panic for me for a good while now.
So here’s a list instead of an amateur video-
1. Do not be unappreciative of the ability to be independent with your mobility. The frustration of not being able to use a major joint of your limbs especially for someone so previously self-sufficient can often feel overwhelming
2. Patience is a virtue- a big big big virtue.
“The ability to hold your tongue is a gift. A moment of patience in a moment of anger prevents a thousand moments of regret.” -Ali Ibn Abu Talib
3. While I have a huge appreciation for the design of fondant cakes, it does not taste good. No matter how gorgeous the cake.
4. Family is everything and family are taxing. I love my family more than anything else and they are my number priority but family can exhaust you physically and emotionally. But they’re still your family.
5. Taking time to truly appreciate the big moments in life is important- spend those times with those who matter most and capture them.
6. Always be kind. Choose kindness above all else. Everyone has different levels of damage and being kind helps you live with yourself.
7. I have good friends. I really do.
8. When you ask for a sign from God (or the Universe if that’s what you believe in) He can deliver majorly even if you doubt.
9. Multitasking is a difficult skill- a to do list is highly beneficial in situations like this.
10. You have less time to feel sad when you are preoccupied. Therefore, get more occupied.
Can you believe we are closer to the middle of the year than we are to the beginning of it? Have a good one guys. ♥️