As any regular reader of this blog knows by now, I fall into my dark hole of despair fairly often. And yesterday was no exception. I spent a good 5 hours or so just lying in bed being unproductive and wasting a whole lot of time.
Later in the evening, I was guilted into doing the laundry and I decided to either binge watch YouTube videos or watch a movie while doing it. Neither worked out. The videos were ones that I have watched before and attempting to watch WILD when you’re in a crap state of mind was not a good idea.
So, I took advice from the Twisted Sisters and danced it off.
Unfortunately for my neighbours, a Me Party consists of me singing along really loudly. Clearly, I have very kind ones because there has yet to be a noise complaint.
Here is what got me out of my funk, or at least shifted me nearer to the entrance of this pit:
- MmmBop by Hanson
- Hide Away by Daya
- Goodbye by Who Is Fancy (there are alternate videos for this that are just as good 1 and 2)
- Boys Like You by Who Is Fancy feat. Meghan Trainor and Ariana Grande
- In The Heights by the Original Broadway Cast of In the Heights
- Two Step by Laura Bell Bundy
- Called Out In The Dark by Snow Patrol
- The Story by Brandi Carlile
- Anything Goes by Florida Georgia Line
- Midnight Train to Georgia by Gladys Knight and the Pips (alternatively, there’s this great video that goes with it too)
- Cooler Than Me by Mike Posner
- Feelin’ Kinda Naughty by Rachel Bloom from ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’
- Just Another Girl by The Killers
And in case you want to listen to any of them, all the songs have been linked to their respective YouTube videos.
Does doing that help anyone else? Try it out. Sing and move in the privacy of your own home and just let it all out. Who cares if anyone is watching?