yes that image is a gif.
January is almost over people! It’s shocking, really. February is right around the corner and my classes start in 9 days. I will admit that I’m a bit bummed out but we all have to get off our butts sometime.
This month has been one of reflection and mistakes. I wish I could say I made a lot of good choices this month but that hasn’t always been the case. I have my fingers crossed that February will prove to be better. Or that I can learn to cope better.
I thought it would be good for me to round up a few good posts and blogs that I have really enjoyed reading in January that you may enjoy as well:
1. My new discovery of the brilliance of The Lively Show by Jess Lively, she’s a life coach and does this regular podcasts, interviewing both big names that you may know and some new ones that you should know. One of my favourites is her interview with Brooke White; it is such an inspiration.
2. Into Mind– a great blog if you’re interested in minimalistic living, or coming up with a capsule wardrobe. It’s such a great site to look through, and so clean and chic. My favourite posts so far include: 30-Day Minimalism Challenge and Personal Style and the Perfect Wardrobe.
3. A personal/lifestyle/fashion/beauty related blogger I have come to really like is Jaye Rockett. She has two blogs, one specifically for beauty stuff and the other is a mish-mash of everything else. The tone with which she writes is lovely, and I like that she writes the way I hope to one day. Some posts that I liked reading: 10 Things I Need To Be Productive, On Being Kind To Your Body and her reviews of Yes Please (Amy Poehler), Not That Kind of Girl (Lena Dunham) and #GirlBoss (Sophia Amoruso) that I agree with.
4. One of the cooking blogs that I have really enjoyed going through is Joy the Baker. Her recipes are genuinely yummy. I made my cookies in December based on her recipes, and those turned out really well. Favourite recipes so far are the Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake and It’s Not Yet Summer Greek Pasta Salad.
5. Smitten Kitchen has been another one that I found in the last week. I tried two recipes last Wednesday and they were a good hit with my family. I really like the way the recipes are written; it’s more of a conversation along with the standard step by step guide. What’s yummy from here? Slow and Low Dry Rub Oven Chicken and Mediterranean Baked Feta with Tomatoes.
Have a great weekend ahead, guys! x