Right right right.
It’s a brand new year and it’s that time to make a list of things I’d like to achieve this year. I don’t think I made resolutions last year so here’s to the ones I’m making this year. Instead of simply writing general things like “lose weight” or “study more” because that has never worked, I’m going to make a list of more specific things.
Last December, I completed 31 days of talking into a microphone (well, I have one more to do today and I AM DONE!) so I’ve been able to put in a deposit into my Personal Trust Bank Account. I committed to it so that’s something I’m quite proud of.
1. 365 days of photography. I have a reasonable camera, it’s not amazing or anything but it’s quite a good one, so, yeah, 365 days of something. Maybe it’ll be my shoes, maybe it’ll be a particular shot of the sky, I don’t know yet but I’m doing that.
2. I’ve also decided that I’m going to spend money every month and buy something new. It’s very pathetic and perhaps .. a little selfish sounding. But I’ve noticed that I wear the same things almost every single day of the week so, maybe a bit of shopping could help. It may not necessarily be clothes. Heaven knows I do not have accessories. In fact, I am a very ‘simple’ person, to put it delicately.
3. Walk for 10 minutes for every hour I spend on the Internet. Now, that’s something right? Specific and probably something I’ll hate myself for, haha.
4. Write a letter to a friend every month. I actually have a penpal right now. It’s been a while since I’ve handwritten a letter to anyone so this will be fun.
5. Sleep regularly. I have been sleeping at weird hours lately and have been having really ridiculous dreams. It would be good to sleep at a regular time and wake up at a regular time. I’d be a far saner person. So.. 11pm? Is that too early?
6. Learn video editing and upload one every month. It’s something that I’ve been meaning to do for a long time so, I’m going to learn how to do video creating-editing-whatever. It’s not really something easy but I hope that I can find the tools I need online and work on it.
7. Get out of the house more often. I spend way too much time living inside my room and it’s not necessarily a bad thing but.. I think that it might be in my case. I’m going to start a Cathecism class on Saturdays, so that’s something. Maybe I’ll make new friends because sometimes I feel like my social circle is sorely missing people.
I intend to be happier this year. I’ve spent too much time being grumpy and you know, it’s not good to be that way. In fact, I’m going to make some changes to this blog and the way I write, and what I write about. I shall strive to be a better blogger this year.